Thursday, November 1, 2007

Always listen to your wife

For the last couple of days, we have been experiencing a bit of a problem with the car exhaust. Again! I indulged in a bit of wishful thinking, and thought that maybe we had just gotten some bad gasoline. Sandra was adamant that it sounded too loud to her.
We had to go out for groceries the other day, so we took a quick drive out to my parents' house. My father, being more agile than I am, was able to get under the car. Yep, the exhaust was in danger of falling apart. He thought the muffler was coming away from the mid pipe.
So, finally listening to what my wife had been trying to tell me for two days, I took the car to our mechanics, who declared that the mid pipe was done and had to be replaced. All three guys at the garage dropped what they were doing and put the car on the hoist. It took them less than half an hour to get her fixed and returned to us.
The lesson here, always pay attention when your wife tells you that something is not right. Wishful thinking will get you stranded on the side of the road somewhere. Most likely when it's cold and wet out. Besides, sometimes another ear is needed to hear these things. Your wife may tell you things you'd rather not hear, but they need to be said.
If your wife tells you the car doesn't sound right, chase it down. If she tells you that you have been hitting the fridge to much, get on the scale tubby. Our wives want what is best for us, and only by paying attention can we hope to learn.
On that note, I'm going to pay attention to my wife again, take my vitamin pill and call for an appointment to get my flu shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That car has been mine for 12 years and i know what its supposed to sound like. When i told my husband he did not listen, but i just kept at him until he finally listened with the help of his dad. The moral to this story. Listen when your wife tells you the cars does not sound right. Instead of paying 400.00 it cost us alot less. And we were not left on the side of the road.