Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More decorations

Well, the tree is up. Sandra got it out of the storage room this afternoon, and we spent some time getting the branches together. We took our time getting the branches nicely spread out. We even decided where it would look best to set it up.
All of this just brings to mind how close it is now to the holiday. Sandra and I have been working at figuring out what to get everyone for Christmas. Naturally, I can't get into that here. My family reads this, after all. The most I can say is that we have opted to go with the practical for the most part.
We actually discussed what each of us would like most, within a set budget. Some things are traditional now. For example, Sandra always gets a cat calendar. It's just a given. Myself, I really need a new pair of moccasins. Or perhaps a book from the For Better or For Worse collection.
But, back to the tree. It is a very full tree, as artificial ones go. Tomorrow, Sandra and I will probably spend the evening getting lights all checked out and put on. Then it's on to the decorations. Being in the window, we will have to make certain that the lights and balls go all the way around, at least at the top. It will add to the decorations visible from the outside of the apartment.
I'm looking forward to seeing the tree all lit up, with the rest of the lights in the apartment turned out. It'll save a lot of power, when you think about it. I can't imagine that the decorations take much more power than the lamps that we use each night.
When the pictures come out, I'll post a few.

2 comments:

Joe Ganci said...

We have tried real and artificial trees over the 28 years we've been married. The last straw (so to speak) on a living tree was when my wife decided she wanted one that still had its roots so that we could plant it in the garden after Christmas. So we spent $100 on a live tree in a pot filled with soil. The thing weighed about 10,000 lbs! Four grown men, including me, tried to get it into the house but the only way we succeeded was by dumping a lot of the dirt out of the pot. The tree was nice but subsequently dried out in the house, no matter how much we watered it, until it, well, died!

The next year we got a nice artificial tree and have happily used it every year since!

Steph said...

For me I suggest a nice pair of pajama pants. With me you can't go wrong with pajama pants...that or a nice gift card to a book store :) Lol. Actually, I will take what I can get since I have no idea really, what I want for Christmas. All I know is that I am looking forward to Christmas Eve and Day, being with all the family like it's supposed to be. :)