Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Anniversary Honey


Today is the second anniversary of the day I married my wife. I like to think of it as the day that I was finally completed as a person. It sounds corny, to be sure, but my wife, Sandra, is everything to me. Life just wouldn't have much of a point without her.

It was a beautiful evening that year. It hadn't yet gotten too cold out, there was no rain or snow to hinder travel for the guests. The church looked wonderful, with the lights dimmed and all of the candles by the alter glowing. It's what a wedding should look like.

My only regret of the day is that we somehow didn't get many pictures of Sandra and myself at the alter. No formal poses anyway. We were too busy concentrating on trying to get the family gathered for the pictures. We would get into our wedding clothes and have pictures taken, but now Sandra won't fit into her gown. She's lost so much weight.

I think everyone needs to experience a day like the one I had two years ago.

Unfortunately, there is only one Sandra, and she is spoken for.

No comments: