Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Comedic Timing

In yesterday's blog, I made a typo that got past the spell checker. This is the value of proper proof reading of all documents. Spell checkers are fine, but things will get by them.
In this case, it was a doozy, and my wife picked up on it and had a great laugh.
When I meant to write that my mother-in-law cannot bend a certain way, making cleaning the bathtub impossible for her, I accidentally dropped the "n" and said she cannot bed that way for medical reasons.
Sandra read this and just about died of hysterics!
Frankly, it isn't an image I really needed in my head. Granted, older folks are entitled to a life too, but I really don't need to know about it. I just don't see a magazine of that sort being a big seller, if you know what I mean.
Anyway, this is a classic case of comedic timing. The right word was misspelled at just the right time and place to make for something funny. To think that people actually have to try for this stuff! All they really have to do is turn off their spell check for a while, and just write. It helps if you have a bit of a tremor to your hands and arms, sometimes missing keys.
Please enjoy any errors that I make in my post, and feel free to point them out. We can all use a giggle now and then.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Lol, I did a double take too in your last post. It was something I would do, and do quite often. I haven't posted much in my blog yet, but I am sure that over time we will see it Lol.

XoX