Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vigilance is over rated.

I've been thinking about scaling back on the amount of time I spend worrying about the other tenants in this building. Being a good neighbour is one thing, but I think maybe I've given it just a little too much of myself. After all, we have a superintendent living in the building for a reason.
This isn't to say that I won't help when it is needed. If there is a definite problem that the management team needs to know about, I'll bring it up. After all, I still have a responsibility to my neighbours.
I'm just not going to go out of my way to look for trouble spots anymore. I'm not going to keep my eyes on the traffic in and out of the building at all times. It's time to let the curtain fall and enjoy some privacy and quiet. If there is a serious problem, I'm sure I'll know about it soon enough.
Lately, I haven't been able to tell the super anything he hasn't already known anyway.
Time to look out for my own a bit more, and let the rest of the world take care of itself. It got along fine without me, it will carry on without my watching.

No comments: