Thursday, June 5, 2008

A writer, me?

A friend of mine has suggested that I write a book. He said that a lot of the things that we have chatted about really should be in print somewhere. He went on to say that he would purchase said book.

A lot of what I would be writing can be sampled here. I would be writing on the topic of relationships, and being a traditional man in nontraditional times. It should perhaps be noted that I have said a lot on this topic to a lot of people. There are people and television characters out there that I so would like to emulate.

I think the ideal man in today's society is one like the character of Horatio Caine, from 'CSI Miami'. He is always the gentleman, even while dealing with people he would as soon see strapped to the electric chair. He is gentle and sensitive, without compromising that sense of unadulterated masculinity. His gifts with women and children in crisis is beyond reproach.

So many men today see nothing wrong with swearing in public and mixed company. A man's language should reflect his intelligence and his respect for others. Sentences peppered with four letter words beginning with F just shows a lack of vocabulary and an even deeper lack of pride in one's self.

So far, the only non-fiction I have ever written is school essays and this blog. Everything else I have out there in the public domain is fiction.

My writing has been pretty well received. Said friend has asked me to work on a special project, which I cannot go into detail about here. It has to be perfect, as far as I am concerned, because it is a highly personal gift I want to give when the time is right.

Please leave a comment and tell me if you think I could make a book work.

No comments: