Monday, June 23, 2008

Changing of the locks

As you may recall, I wrote recently that our building superintendent suddenly resigned his position. Naturally, that meant that the master keys had to be changed. It seems that it was most important in this case. There is a major dispute about the reason he quit.

Anyway, the locksmiths were here yesterday. A letter had been circulated to let the tenants know before hand, and still several couldn't be bothered to be on hand. Of course, it was a Sunday, and nice out. The guys will come back after the property manager has had a chance to contact the people who were missed yesterday.

I happen to know the property manger from school, so he asked me to be on hand if there were any problems. You know, to kinda smooth things over if anybody had questions.

In fact, I might have a bit of a job come from all of this. They want to put an assistant super into each building that they have here in town. If it flies with head office, I might get that position. It doesn't pay much, but it doesn't require much work either. Basically, I would just be keeping an eye on the building, watching for trouble. Heck, I do it anyway.

I like to keep an eye on the place. It's home.

1 comment:

Steph said...

That'd be neat, getting paid for something you do anyway. It's like no work at all ^-^ Lol