Friday, June 6, 2008

What the...

I am so bloody mad! Our building super has resigned his position with no notice. All of a sudden yesterday, we got a letter saying that he was done effective immediately. No explanation, no real way to find out what's going on.

Now, we have always liked Sam. We always described him as a bit ole teddy bear. He looked after the building well, and always had a smile for the tenants as he was out and about. Having him here was a real selling point when deciding whether or not to take the apartment.

Ever since we got the letter, he hasn't said so much as boo to anyone. He has put up signs saying that we should call the property management head office. Or fax them rather. Like anybody has a fax machine. And without knowing what exactly is going down, what are we supposed to tell them? I did e-mail the one property manager that I happen to know personally. No answers yet.

The whole thing has just gotten my wife terribly upset. She has difficulty with sudden change. Put that together with high heat, humidity and a "change of life", and you have the makings of a major bad mood.

My mother tried to speak with him this afternoon as Dad and I were trying to get the air conditioner in. He was downright rude to her, brushing off enquires saying that his little signs said everything. I can understand being upset, but that does not excuse poor manners. I was raised to know better than that.

Sorry. I don't like to vent here, but sometimes, venting is the only way to get things off your mind.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: