Thursday, January 17, 2008

Um, er, what was that again?

Please note: my brain had gone on vacation for the last few days. This may not be noticeable to most of you. In the event that I say something of value, a face mask will drop from the ceiling, allowing you to breathe normally.
I just thought I'd put that little disclaimer in there to see how many of you were paying attention.
For a little while now, I've been feeling kinda grey. There is nothing that really gets me going during the day. I'm wondering if maybe the affect of caffeine has been eliminated somehow by my body. My mind doesn't wander so much as just kinda slips out of gear and into neutral.
Poor Sandra has an awful time when I'm like this. She can turn and say something to me, and I'll sit as if in a trance. Usually, this only occurs when I am reading. Lately, I will just zone out on her once in a while. This has to be very exasperating, especially when there are only the two of us in the apartment. Many is the time she has said something, and I have asked her to repeat herself, and been told, "Oh, never mind!"
It could be that winter has finally caught up with me on a mental level. Not being able to get out into the fresh air may have me a little stale. I know I always feel a bit more alert after going out into sunshine and fresh, scent laden breezes. Last summer, I used to go for a nightly walk around the block, and that made all the difference in the world. For one thing, Sandra didn't have to look at my face for an hour or so.
Let's see what happens when the warmer weather comes, and we can get out more often. Maybe holding the old fishing rod again will restore my brain to normal functioning. (Whatever that is for a guy.) In the meanwhile, I beg your indulgence for a while if my posts ramble a bit more than usual.

No comments: