Friday, January 18, 2008

And then it dawned

I was up rather late reading last night, as usual, when I had something of an epiphany. It occurred to me that, regardless of where I am and my state in life, I will always have something to offer. It may not seem much at the time, but even the little things can make the largest difference.
Even my blog is something to contribute. In as much as it gets read by a few people around me.
When I was working for the Pastor, I realized that even the small jobs that I do just for the sake of doing them mean something to somebody. That actually came home yesterday, when I worked alone at the church, because the Pastor had to be away. It's all about making the lives around you just a little better.
I may never raise a child, or save a life in some dramatic fashion, but just being there when I am needed My path will find me, not the other way around.

No comments: