Friday, January 4, 2008

First post of 2008

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry that I haven't posted of late. I've received some complaints about it from my wife and family.
I'm not sure just what to write about though. I've already done the snow thing, and how they keep burying the car in on me. Besides, I'm just Canadian enough to take the weather as it comes, and maybe even enjoy it a little. It was so amusing to see the neighbourhood kids toboggan down the pile that has been made by the company that cleans out the parking lot.
We are also experiencing another problem with the car, one made worse by me. That too, is old fodder.
I'd like to write about something new to go along with the new year.
I have some high hopes for this year. I don't have anything specific yet, but I think there will be a lot of good things coming up.
For one thing, my student loan, long in default, will finally be paid off this year. That will mean a significant amount of money in our pockets each month. I've been sitting on this debt, paying what I can, for the best part of two decades now. I've never made enough money in a year to make a dent into the debt.
I have also just seen an ad for an administrative assistant for a local law firm. I am going to stick my neck out and apply for the position, though I don't have any office experience at all. They merely need somebody who can organize and type. You can all attest to my ability to do the latter. If I could get a real job, I think we could maybe get somewhere.
Whatever comes this year, I will do my best to make it a good one. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Neat to hear that you're going to apply for that job. I really hope you get it ^_^ Are they looking for someone experienced? Who knows what could come your way. Lord knows I've given up trying to guess. The only thing we can depend on in life is that the only constant is change, which is rather unpredictable at times. Sucks, but at least we're always guaranteed another thing:surprise at where life may choose to take us.