Monday, January 21, 2008

Mid-winter blahs

I can't believe how fast time has been slipping by. Just a few days ago, we were in the depths of winter, today, I look out the window and see wonderful sunshine that lasts past five o'clock.
Actually, what got me thinking about it was looking at the calendar. Valentine's day is rushing at us so fast, I can see heart shaped cards flying.
Time does seem to go fast, at any rate.
In previous posts, I have written about the relativity of time. Let's not get into that again.
I am so looking forward to spring now though. I don't know why it is that I get sick of winter long about February. This is the first year we've even had a proper winter, Canadian style. Maybe a trip south for a few days would take care of that problem. My uncle pretty much lives in Florida for the winter.
That's an expensive proposition though. You have to be rich or a kid on Spring Break to hit the southern beaches at this time of year.
I'll just look forward to the weeks to come. Winter will end soon enough, and then I can debate breaking out the fishing gear.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm more than ready for spring. This time of year (December and January and sometimes February) are my worst months. I'm ready for that warmer weather so I can get out of the house. Not to mention get out of high school!
For once, I'm kinda happy life's passing us by. I'm sick of this winter thing already.
Lol