Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thank Heaven for Miracles

As the title of this entry suggests, dear readers, a miracle has occurred. In the spirit of the season, and the nature of the miracle, I'd go so far as to say that it was a Christmas Miracle. Don't bother looking, Santa wasn't involved.
My missing wedding ring has been found! It was UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!! It seems that when I was working with some of the lights (after doing the dishes), my ring slipped off of my finger, and lodged somewhere in the branches of the tree.
In the time that it was missing, we and the cats must have jostled the tree. Sandra was under the tree, rearranging the fake snow our cats love to play in, and saw it next to the baseboard heater. There she was, talking with my sister, when suddenly she starts yelling to me in the next room. My sister thought she had hurt herself.
My finger no longer feels naked. I'm married again!
Needless to say, once the holidays are over, and the money can be found, this ring is getting re sized! I never want to go through a day and a half like that last one. It may not be a fancy ring or anything, but it is the one that symbolizes my wife's love for me. That makes it the most valuable THING that I have.
Still, as Joe Ganci said so eloquently (in the comments the other day), it was better to lose the ring, and keep the wife, rather than the other way around.

No comments: