Monday, December 3, 2007

How about that weather?

Okay, that title sounds like a really lame joke. It's been ages since we saw real snowfall at the first of December.
I had to go out and clear the car off this morning, so that the plow crew could get in and clear the parking lot. Not that it will stay clear long. It's still falling, and is expected to fall for the next three days.
I didn't realize just how bad of shape I am in. I had a hard enough time just getting to the car, never mind getting it cleared off. Then there was the ice to deal with. Half an hour later, the car was cleared and moved, and a fair bit of gasoline used up. At one time, cleaning off a car was no big. Now, it's enough to wear me out. Two cups of coffee worn out.
Which leaves me very worried about my mother-in-law. Cathy isn't there to dig her out when this is all over. I really have to get over there and clear off the "Mary-mobile" when this is all done.
If I ever have the money for a home of my own, there will definitely be a garage. At least for one vehicle. I just do not have it in me to clean up after an ice rain anymore.
I hope everyone has had the sense to stay home today. If you have to be somewhere, give yourself some extra time, keep a decent following distance, and for heaven's sake, PUT DOWN THAT CELL PHONE!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I know what you mean about the weather. When I checked it I was a little unhappy. I really need to get to school so i can get an information package from student services. And if this snow keeps up that won't happen. When I went outside today the snow was almost at my ankles - and the roads had been plowed! Course, also taking into consideration my street is a side street and no one cares about side streets...