Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone! I just wanted to wish all of you a happy holiday season.
With all of the comings and goings, I thought it might be nice to remind everyone what the whole thing is supposed to be about.
For this special day, remember your family, remember your friends, and even your "enemies". Wish all of them the best in their lives. You might not be able to be with them all, but you are always with them in spirit.
And as Linus told Charlie Brown, the real reason, what Christmas is all about.
"And in that country were shepards in the field, abiding their flocks by night. And lo, the Angel of the Lord appeared unto them, and they were very afraid. The angel said to them "Fear not, for I bring you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you, is born this day, in the city of David, a saviour, tis Christ the Lord."
To me, it isn't Christmas until Linus steps out on the stage and recites that passage from the bible. All too often, we forget where Christmas gets its name. Thank goodness Charles Shultz (God rest his soul.) thought to remind us in the process of writing a holiday cartoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much honey. Merry Christmas 2u2. To me this year Christmas was very unusual. My family has had a very busy year. My sister moved out on her own and my mom is house sitting at the moment while waiting for a place in her hometown seniors building. It was very wierd this year not having Christmas in the usual place. It was held at my Aunts and Uncles house with all of us pitching in on the Christmas dinner, and trying to find things in an unusual kitchen for a big meal. I hope we are more settled next year.

Its true about a Charlie Brown Christmas. I had not seen it until Christmas eve so its wasn't really Christmas without it. I think i put too much pressure on myself for that perfect Christmas that just never happens any more. We also did not get to go to our church for Christmas Eve service this year. Our church did not have the service this year--our sister church had it.
I really got the feel this year that Christmas is too commercial (dah) lol. Too many gifts were exchanged and too much money spent again. I hope next year the picking of names will take place. It would be alot better on everyone financially.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too you all out there.