Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The holidays

The Christmas season is starting to wind down now, even if the kids are still high on the sugar, and the rest of us are still a little weighted down with turkey. That is, if you aren't one of those insane people who frequent the boxing day sales.
All things being equal, things worked out okay for my wife and I. Neither of us is overly tired out, and we didn't eat anything that didn't' agree with us. I am a little concerned that my brother and his girlfriend will be somewhat hurt by the fact that we didn't stay for Christmas supper with them. Two meals in two days is enough for us though.
Sandra is still feeling a little odd about the whole holiday this year. Nothing has been according to tradition, due to all of the moving around in the last four months. As I have noted before, my wife does have problems coping with change. The most I could really do was try to keep her rooted in what was really important, letting family know that we love them.
Somehow, Christmas kind of snuck up on us this year. Sure, we had all of our shopping done in plenty of time. Still, we were lying down one night after being out doing something, and realized that Christmas was less than a week off. It's like we blinked, and several days disappeared.
Duck everyone, Valentine's Day is on its way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to New Years !!!! And i still need my fill of turkey, dressing, potatoes, pumpkin pie and topping. I somehow missed the good taste this year. Thank God we still have a turkey up in the freezer (YUM) I can't wait. I think it will be great my husband is a great cook for the big meals and i still am looking forward to that turkey. My mom made a turkey but it was not the same. She baked it in a gas oven this year and it was not cooked right this year. It was well done and all that just not my thing. I think its time to say ( HEAT UP THAT OVEN LOL)

Steph said...

Lol to Taffy's comment.
Christmas did seem to sneak up on us I agree. I was at Mama's place and realized 'Hey, Christmas Eve is tomorrow.' It seemed so unreal.
For all the chaos that came with Christmas this year I think it went rather well. Hopefully less year will be less chaotic.
**crosses fingers**