Monday, December 10, 2007

Late night antics

Does anyone know how to keep a cat asleep for the whole night? Last night, Taffy woke my wife up no less than three times. We love the little girl to pieces, and are happy that she wants our attention, but three in the morning is a little ridiculous.
The big problem is that Taffy insists on that attention, with her teeth. She will paw at you for a while, but if she doesn't get her way, out come the choppers.
Talk about temper mental!
I had mentioned to some that Taffy was getting awfully affectionate. I'm not sure just what the deal is with that. She used to be pretty standoffish. Especially toward me. When I first met Sandra and started spending time with her, Taffy got jealous as all get out. I couldn't get into the apartment without hearing her growl.
I hope to hades, she calms down a little bit soon. It's getting awfully hard to sleep around here, I have to get up and shoo Taffy away from Sandra, sometimes having to get down on the floor with her. I did that last night. I tried to pet her, and all I got for the effort was attempts to bite my hands off.
Please, feline owners everywhere, how about a hand here?

1 comment:

Steph said...

*sigh* Taffy sure goes through a lot of mood swings...Wish I could help, but unfortunately, we have the same problem! Lol