Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dear Readers

I've been wondering on occasion who created the idea of blogging. It is a great format for people to get all of their questions out there, and sometimes even get good answers. A blog is one way for those without mobility, such as myself, to get out there and participate in the greater world.
There have been so many issues tackled and debated over the Internet, and some have even been resolved to one degree or another. That is another great thing about this medium, it allows for a large discussion group, which generally works to either a compromise and consensus, or to a polarized debate, where the argument is distilled down to what is really important.
I've only had one problem with the blog system. It generates a lot of adware. I have had to limit my reading to blogs that I have found and enjoy, and those that are recommended to me by friends. If you go through randomly, every five blogs you get perversion and more garbage dumped into your computer's memory.
What I have loved about my blogging experience so far, is the feedback that I have gotten. I do not have much of a readership, like some people, but the ones who do read tend to read often. The comments that I have received have been thought provoking and, most often, very helpful when I find myself in a bit of confusion.
With the new year coming, I just wanted to thank those of you who have been a part of my life on-line. Filis, you are a good friend of my wife's, and I am honored that you have taken time to read and comment. Joe Ganci, your blog has fascinated me and broadened my horizons, taking me places where I cannot physically go. One_Last_Kiss, we know that you mean the world to me, as family, friend, and a bit of a reality check when I tend toward fogey-ism.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, I want to thank Taffy for her comments. Quite often when I am not sure of myself, my wife is the one person who can give me the confidence to continue on a given path. Your comments to my blog are like the completion of my own thoughts. I treasure them almost as much as I treasure you in and of yourself.
So, if I don't get to post too often in the coming days, please, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I look forward to hearing from all of those who read my musings and whimsy. Criticism will be happily accepted. (Or overlooked, depending on the way it is phrased.)
Be well, all of you.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Aren't you just the sweetest thing. Lol

Merry Christmas. Lots of love!