Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it Snow? Be careful what you wish for.

Well, winter has set in with a vengeance. The snowfall over the last twenty-four hours has been greater than the total for all of last year.
I wish I had a digital camera sometimes, so that I could get a picture of the snow coming up almost to our window sills. It's something to see, I'll tell you. It's the hazard of living in a "basement" apartment. On the other hand, it sure looks a lot better than the dead leaves and grass. As I said to my wife last night, this is what December is supposed to look like here. Just not all in one day!
I went out to try and get the car out, as my niece is visiting. The roads are plowed well enough, but there was no getting to it. The poor vehicle was buried to the roof line on the hood! I managed to back it up a few feet, at which point she just wasn't moving. So, I shovelled what I could out of the parking space, and then muscled her back in.
I'd known the second I tried to get to the sidewalk that my niece was staying a second night. I just thought I'd try to get the car out and accessible. When I came back in, I looked like the abominable snow monster!
Today, I'm going to have to move the car so that the plow company the landlord has hired can clear the space properly.
When the snow eased up last night, I did go out and clear around the back of the car. From now on though I think I'll back the car into the space. It's much easier to drive out than back out.

2 comments:

Joe Ganci said...

Yea!!! We didn't get any snow or ice! Yes, 50 mph winds, but no snow or ice here in DC!

Steph said...

Snow is all right, in its place. I like snow for Christmas, but this is silly! We don't need this much snow all at one time. There are snow banks as tall as I am! Gosh...