Thursday, February 7, 2008

Me and my hats.

I wear a lot of hats. I'm a husband, son, brother, friend and neighbour. I'm also, counsellor, legal advisor, financial planner, administrative assistant and part time author.
Sometimes, I never know which hat I'm supposed to be wearing.
For example, last night, my best friend took me out for a cup of coffee. He was getting frustrated with a problem that his wife is having with her employer. It's got her very upset, just the whole situation. My friend wanted a quick piece of advice, just a little of something out of my legal advisor's hat.
It can be a little annoying sometimes, being a jack of all trades and paid employee at none. It's like I have a lot to offer, but nobody is willing to put a price on it. Oh well, at least it isn't going to waste. If you don't use it, you lose it.
Still, it would be nice to have a bit of a heads up when people need me to put on a hat. It could be a little embarassing to put on the chefs hat and need to be the counsellor. Eggs and teen angst don't mix!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that went a totally different way lol. I actually thought it was about hats. Oh well. But you do have alot of those too depending on the weather and the time of year.

Steph said...

Lol Taffy
But I know what you mean. Sometimes though, teen agnst and eggs can mix. Some people cook to calm themselves down.
But to the real point of your blog...it is hard to know which hat you're needed to wear. You never now which hat you are going to need and where. If only one hat were enough. Which is why I like to keep them all in my pocket. ^-^

Honestly, if you always knew which hat to where life would be too predictable. And if life were predictable how can we expect to learn from our experiences in life?