Tuesday, February 26, 2008

#$%^ machines

Okay, technology has it in for me today.
My e-mail server is out, and I have a lot of stuff that I do over e-mail. I really need the connection to be working properly, at least for the next two days. The Pastor was to get back to me so I can finish the bulletin to be printed on Wednesday. I've even resorted to unplugging from this computer and trying it on the laptop. No go, it is definitely the server.
Ever had days when you just can't seem to get anything to go right? Oh well, these things do sort themselves out, and with so many people now working via the Internet, these situations will arise.
It did point out to me the biggest advantage of the laptop thought. All of the connections are right there in front of you. You don't have to lie on you back working blindly at wires to get what you need. Not to mention that whole aspect of portability. Once we have the wireless router, I can work from anywhere in the apartment. Need a quiet moment, go to the bedroom.
Anyway, I hope the service provider gets things worked out by the end of the day. I have work to do. Until then, I play.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Just think how you where during the internet problem. You were totally buffaloed. But think how we were 10 years ago during the ice storm. We had zip. Families had to learn to cope and play those board games, read, and be families again because they did not have electricity to run all the gagets of today. Some times we need a reminder how dependent we are on power and the resulting devices we use on a daily basis with no thought to it. Remember how we had to get used to how to run wood stoves back during the ice storm. Sometimes I wish I had a fireplace to have that feeling when the electricity was on