Monday, September 17, 2007

More moves

My sister-in-law is moving next month. Just look at what Sandra and I have started! Next thing you know, my sister will be moving again. Or my brother will decide he needs a place of his own.
Actually, my sister-in-law has been living with Mom for a number of years. It was a convenient financial arrangement for the both of them, and Mary was going through some rough times when they got the apartment together. Now that Cathy is established in her job (she just got a promotion), she thinks it would be nice to have a place that is just hers.
Besides, the townhouse they share has gotten to be a bit much to keep up with for both of them. As soon as possible, Mary hopes to get a small apartment in the town that she raised my wife in. All of her friends are there, as is the church she attends, and the groups that she belongs to. Let's not forget the Tim Horton's too. Everyone gathers at Timmie's to get up to date on what's new.
Whereas Sandra and I had the fun job of combining two households, Mary and Cathy are in the process of dividing up one. The furniture isn't too much of a problem. Cathy says that she really only needs the stuff in the bedroom. The problem is kitchen stuff. She has some dishes, but flatware and knives come up short. Consider the appliances that will be needed too. Toasters, kettles, you name it.
It's fortunate that Cathy had to live away for a short time last year. She has an appreciation of just what she is going to need. She picked up a few odds and ends at the time.
I just wish I had the money to build a home of my own. I would build a small cottage on the property at the same time. That way I could have Mary close to us at all times. I'm going to worry enough about Cathy being on her own, but my mother-in-law too, that is scary. I want to know that she is happy and secure.
Well, here's hoping the moves go well, and that my sister puts a little thought into it before she moves again.

No comments: