Thursday, July 12, 2007

Is anybody out there?

I am writing this blog more for fun than anything else. Still, I have to wonder, is anybody actually reading these posts, with the exception of my wife? Comments have been pretty sparse. I've spread the word about this blog to just about everyone I know. Perhaps I just don't have anything really compelling to say.
How do people get into blogs in the first place? It's not like a blog shows up in a standard Internet search. From what I've seen, they have to be where a lot of people are anyway. By way of example, Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert, writes a daily blog. It's linked to the site Dilbert.com. It is usually pretty witty or thought provoking.
I guess the important thing about my blog is that it is out there. What I've done or thought about is somewhere on the net, where people can comment or correct me. Not that my wife isn't ready to do that, but I think it would be nice to know if my world view has any basis in reality. That is the real point, I think, to have an additional sounding board.
Well, it's all out there.

1 comment:

Filis said...

Well, Joe. The thing you don't see on this blogspot is the number of visits to your page. I've read all of your posts, but only commented on a few, depending on what I've got going on at that time. At least with Yahoo 360, it tells you the number of visits to your page. You may think about a move, lol....
I enjoy your posts though, and would read them wherever they are. I'll try to comment more, so you don't get discouraged.