Monday, October 22, 2007

Isabelle's Law



Apparently there is a new law in town. "Isabelle's Law" states that I have to get up at whatever time my little darling decides is appropriate. In the case of this morning, that would have been just after seven-thirty.

Enforcement of this law comes in a variety of manners. The first warning comes with little paws scratching (despite the complete lack of claws) on the side of my bed. If this is not given due attention, then the guilty party, aka me, is pounced upon, with or without the inclusion of a head butting.

I should probably note here that I am still mildly allergic to cat fur. Isabelle rubbing against my nose first thing in the morning usually results in a day of nasal issues, and the proximity of Kleenex. Besides which, who ever knew that cat skulls could be so hard. One of these days I'm going to show up in the hospital emergency room with a broken nose, and have to explain that my kitty cat beat me up. Don't worry, I'll post the pictures when it does happen.

The final trick for getting me out of bed is to find the nearest source of paper. My little fluff ball has learned early in life that chewing on my papers will get attention pretty quick. The more important the papers, the faster the covers fly off of me. Many is the time I have had to rush to save library books from her needle sharp little teeth. It's a game to her. Either that, or she really needs more fiber in her diet.

This morning, I opted to lose gracefully. Thank heavens for left-0ver coffee!

2 comments:

Filis said...

I hear ya, we have "Prozach's Law" in our house, and even the dog respects it! He likes to sit outside my window and howl to come inside.... not sure what the neighbours think, lol

Anonymous said...

I think what you need is a handy dandy water bottle of a little pat on the bum. Your the boss not her but she thinks she is and she knows it.