Monday, February 7, 2011

Enough already.

Okay, I'm not usually one to gripe about the weather, but enough already! I had to clear a ton of snow off of the car yesterday. This was after a snow storm only a few days previously. This time, I didn't make it out to the parking lot before they plowed, so I had to clear out the parking space too.

I can just be grateful that I live in Ontario and not out in the Maritimes. They have gotten over two metres (About nine feet!) of snow in the last few weeks. I've seen pictures of people having to clear off their roofs, and they didn't need ladders to reach them. Now that is snow! I guess that's the silver lining in those dark clouds hanging over us today. Somebody always has it worse.

On the plus side, the water level in the river might be up to something approaching normal. It has been low for several years, when we have had a green Christmas and the last snowfall was in early January.

I think it must be a universal right to complain about the weather. Maybe I should have become a farmer to have a legitimate reason to complain.

No comments: