Monday, June 6, 2011

A man of inconsistency, that's me.

My niece has been kind enough to point out that I have not blogged in quite some time. She used to follow my rantings pretty consistently. It doesn't matter how silly, obscure or incomprehensible the topic, she liked to read whatever spilled onto the screen.

Lately, I just haven't been up to writing much. There has been a lot of personal stuff going on, and it's not something I care to put out there for general consumption.

Unfortunately, my blog is not the only place I have failed to write lately. I have stories languishing on FanFiction.net. It really isn't fair, as it has been marked as a favorite of readers, even in my writing absence. Besides which, I have left the characters in the middle of their conflict. This isn't fair to them either. Sure, they aren't "real" people, but I've always felt a certain responsibility for them, since I've been allowed to play in the Disney company's sandbox of story ideas.

Perhaps that inconsistency is one of my greatest flaws. I have the bad habit of letting stuff going on take me away from projects. Even such projects that have given me a lot of pleasure. My niece has suggested that getting back to some of those projects and hobbies might just break me out of the funk I've been living in lately.

Well, at least here, I can do a little bit of ruminating, without having to worry about how it will affect what I will write later. A little less structure, a little more outlet.

Here's hoping I can get back to my mental roaming here, now that it has been brought back to my attention.

Bear with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I think real life takes precedence right now over anything else. You will have plenty of time later on for all the writing or whatever you want to do. Sure hobbies are a nice "get away" so to speak. After all Kim has been pregnant for over a year she can wait a little longer :)

Joe said...

Good point, it's not like Schooly or McCorkle are gonna show up and take a round out of me for leaving Kim in this predicament.

Steph said...

Blogs don't have to be about personal things. That is a bonus to livejournal though: you can put an entry to "private" so only you can see it. So it gives the stress release of "talking" about it, without putting it out to the general public (:
But I am glad to see you writing again, no matter what the topic. It is something you enjoy, and when having personal problems its always best to go back to those things. They're more important then, I think.