Friday, December 4, 2009

Update

I had occasion to see my family doctor today. She has not seen a report from the neurologist yet, but she was taken aback when we told her his assessment. Her jaw almost hit the floor. She waved it off simply and said that we would just ignore him and look for answers on our own. While she tried to minimize her reaction, I could see that she was rather surprised and disappointed in her colleague.

When Sandra was telling her about our visit to Kemptville, she took her blood pressure. The machine malfunctioned half of the time, but her pressure was obviously elevated.

On our way home, we stopped in and visited my parents. My mother had been out, but came back while we were still there. I told her about this doctor and his conclusion. I thought she was going to go out and look for the guy! I have seldom seen her so angry at a professional. She was upset enough with my previous general practitioner when she thought that it was her who fumbled the ball on catching my problem.

Anyway, I have been assured by everyone that my condition is definitely not in my head.

No comments: