Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time allotment.

I have been spending a lot of time on the computer lately, not doing anything of real importance, but I'm almost always sitting at the darned thing. I'm thinking that it might be time to get out of this chair once in a while and let the modem cool down. Real life is out there waiting for me.

There are things I do on the computer that I really don't want to give up, like chatting with friends that I really can't talk with any other way, and writing my little fan fiction stories. Those are some of the reasons I have the computer, really. Next to paying bills and the volunteer stuff I do for the church.

Maybe I should just shut down a little earlier each night, and settle in with a coffee and my books. I haven't taken nearly enough time to read. And if Sandra is up and not online, we could spend some more quality time together. She does her things in the evening, so the late morning and early afternoon should be our time.

Now that I do have some limited responsibilities around the building, time is getting to be a more valuable commodity. Time to rethink how I use it.

No comments: